Today’s Hours:

All Hours & Directions

Terrell Main Library

8am - 5:30pm

Circulation Desk

8am - 5:30pm

Research Help Desk

3:30pm - 4:30pm

Research Help Chat

2:30pm - 4:30pm

Libraries Administrative Office

8:30am - 5pm

Azariah's Cafe

9am - 2pm (just drinks)

CIT Help Desk

8am - 4:30pm

Writing Center Daytime

Writing Center Evening

Speaking Center

Directions:

Location:

Mary Church Terrell Main Library
148 W College St. Oberlin, OH 44074-1545

Parking:

The main visitor lot is the east Service Building lot, and the south row of the Carnegie Building lot for visitors to offices within that building.

Terrell Main Library Floor Plans

Floor Plans

Other Libraries Hours & Directions

Learn More
Search icon

About the Collection

Special Collections has one of the most comprehensive collections of Robinson's works in the country.

Our holdings include approximately 450 volumes, many signed, including his published poetry and letters, 20 manuscripts in Robinson's hand, portraits, books that were once a part of Robinson's personal library, and many books and periodicals that contained the first appearances of his poetry. There are also many books and poems by other authors that are dedicated to Robinson, as well as selected books and early critical works about him.

Portrait of Robinson in a suit against a black background, illustration.

Protrait of Edwin Arlington Robinson by Lilla Cabot Perry

The Edwin Arlington Robinson Collection was a gift to the Oberlin College Libraries made in 1953 by the Reverend Orville Bruce Swift, Oberlin College class of 1911.

Rev. Swift also contributed an album of photographs containing pictures mostly from Gardiner, Maine, where Robinson grew up, and of the MacDowell Colony in Peterborough, New Hampshire. Swift kept a scrapbook containing articles about Robinson, as well as some of his own correspondence relating to Robinson.

Swift served as a Unitarian Universalist minister in Niagara Falls, NY and later Buffalo, NY. He was a native of Wisconsin, and died in 1970 in Beloit, WI.