The Terrell Main Library has MacBooks, Windows laptops, and Chromebooks available for checkout from the Circulation Desk on a first-come, first-served basis. They are available to use outside the building and circulate overnight.
- Laptops are intended primarily for short-term use by Oberlin College students. (Contact Michael Palazzolo (email@example.com) if you need a long-term loan.)
- Faculty and staff may use laptops for short, in-building use needs. Requests for extended laptop loans for faculty and staff are referred to the CIT and OCTET.
- An OCID card is required for check-out.
Time Limits & Availability
- Laptops may be checked out from opening until ½ hour before the library closes.
- The loan period is 4 hours, except overnight loans begin at 10 p.m. (6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday) and are due at 11 a.m. the next day.
- Laptops may not be reserved ahead of time.
- Users must wait 30 minutes before renewing or borrowing another laptop during peak use periods.
Fines & Liability
Borrowers are expected to return laptops in good working order and on time. Please report any problems you have with the computer immediately to the circulation staff. We urge you to check before you leave the desk area to confirm that the computer is working. We will bill you for repair charges if the item is returned damaged.
- Overdue fines are $5 per hour for each item (laptop, power adapter, dongle, etc.) checked out.
- Borrowers will be billed $1500 immediately for the replacement cost of a lost or stolen laptop computer.
- All laptops have DeepFreeze software installed. This software will remove all user data and documents after the computer restarts or shuts down. Please e-mail all your work or save documents to your Google Drive or Box accounts to prevent loss of your work.
Headphones and Computer Cables
The Main Library also circulates headphones and a variety of phone and computer chargers and cables and dongles.
HappyLight Therapy lamps, white noise machines, and portable fans are available at the Terrell Main Library.
DVD and Blu-ray Players
The Terrell Main Library offers three full-size Blu-ray/DVD players (DVD regions 1-7, Blu-ray region A) for film screenings. One is located in study room 403 (14 seats, LCD screen), one is located in study room 108B (8 seats, LCD screen), and one is available for checkout at the Circulation Desk and can be used in any Terrell study room that contains an LCD screen.
Additional external DVD/Blu-ray drives (DVD region 1, Blu-ray region A) and laptops can be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- digital audio recorders
- digital cameras
- lighting kits
- portable sound systems
- portable videoconferencing equipment
Rental charges apply for departmental and student organizational use. AV does not make any equipment available for personal use.
The AV equipment list is for reference only. For specific details about equipment, to inquire about availability, or to make a reservation, contact the AV office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 775-8757.