For the Fall 2020 trimester, all reserves are electronic. The libraries can purchase ebook or streaming versions of material when available, and scan items already in our collections or only available in a physical format in compliance with copyright laws. Because of the time intensive nature of scanning, we request that you place your reserve orders as early as possible. Orders placed within two weeks of the first day of classes may not be ready at the beginning of the semester.
Instructors are responsible for insuring copyright compliance. See our Copyright Policy for Library Course Reserves for more information.
Electronic Reserve (via Blackboard)
For books and films, search OBIS to see if an ebook or streaming copy is available. If we need to scan a print copy, you may either submit a reserve list using the form below, or email a reserve list directly from OBIS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Search for the item you wish to place on reserve in OBIS.
- Select and display the full record
- Click on the Add to Folder button; repeat the process for all the items you want for a single course
- When you've finished searching, click on the View Folder button
- You can review the list at this point and remove items if necessary
- If you want to add more items, use the Previous Screen button to return to a search page
- Choose Full Display under Format of List - this ensures the call numbers will be included in the list
- Choose the E-mail option and enter email@example.com
- Change the Subject: to Reserve list for [Department] [course number]; e.g. Reserve list for POLT 101
If you wish to add notes to the list, email it to yourself first, edit it, and then forward to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For journal articles, search the Journal Finder to see if we have electronic access (via JSTOR, OhioLINK Electronic Journal Center, etc.) from a licensed for openly accessible source. Such links are preferable to locally scanned copies as the quality of images is greater, and the question of copyright is more clearly settled.
If electronic access is not available from another source the Library will scan readings for reserve purposes.
To enable library staff to place files and links in Blackboard, contact OCTET to request library access for your course(s). This gives library staff permission ONLY to create a new content area called Library Readings and upload and manage files in this area.